May 31, 2013

Maximize

I could not think of a more appropriate title for this post other than the word 'maximize', I chose the title primarily because I am wearing a maxi skirt. Another reason is because I'm working several trends at the same time with pieces I have not worn in a while. It almost feels like some sort of trend 'Mash-up'.....the bold stripe trend, neon trend and stacked punk rock heels. 












What I am wearing - Skirt: Tjmaxx (similar available at the store in limited qty) ||  
Top: River Island ||  Necklace : Old || Shoes : Wild Pair  || Belt : Forever 21

Now to the story of the outfit, well not much of a story, It was love at first sight when I saw this skirt even though I didn't quite have a picture of what I would do with it. Oftentimes I have an idea of how a piece would fit into what I already have or an inkling of what it could possible go with among my clothes but with this skirt, zilch! nothing of such.

So over the weekend while I was doing some housekeeping I came across this 'long forgotten three years old gorgeousness of a shoe!!!' and that was the light bulb moment. Isn't it cool how you would see a shoe or top or even an accessory and you instantly get an idea of what to wear with it?.

I am all about maximizing my existing wardrobe and looking my best on a budget to keep more money in my pocket. Lets be practical most women do not have a ton of money to spend on shopping for clothes yet we all seem to have a  very common problem " I have nothing to wear!!!".......great idea for a post right? *scurries off to laptop* :).


Just wondering, could the word 'maxi' have been coined from  'maximize'......anyone know?.

Have a fab weekend!

Xoxo

38 comments:

  1. This is something I havn't seen in a while! Love the combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot...I dont see to many maxi too

      Delete
  2. Love your skirt and top!!! lol! Maxi from maximise, might just be. will goggle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, will Google too *winks*

      Delete
  3. I like the style! I tend to buy clothes at random and coincidentally realize that I have a few other prices at home that could go with that particular item. It's all about mixing and matching for us women, there's no need to go shopping every week to spice up your wardrobe. You've already got the basics, just be creative with what you have! Nice work!
    themanecaptian.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. You are right about mixing and matching. Its amazing what one can come up with if you stop for a moment look at your wardrobe critically and be creative.

      Delete
  4. Great post!!! Like your blog, its funny all women never have enough to wear.

    wondering about the word Maxi too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...true we never seem to have enough.

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit ! That's a beautiful necklace !

    http://belayourself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for stopping by and commenting

      Delete
  6. Pretty look


    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous skirt!

    http://justporsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for coming around

      Delete
  8. lovely!i like d skirt.
    visit chizys-spyware.com for Entertainment,Fashion & Lifestyle update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, would check out your blog too

      Delete
  9. Nice blog + post.

    Not seen Maxi around in recent times, maybe its time again to revisit the long-forgotten trend. Talk about recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the skirt more than anything and its beautiful on you
    http://yuddyella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg i love your neon top so so much! perfect with the stripe maxi skirt! <3

    Check out my latest outfit post! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot, On your page :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. really love the stripe in your skirt!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cool look ....love your skirt! xx Love you to check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming around and commenting. checking out your blog

      Delete
  15. Thanks!

    will check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey hun thanks for commenting on my blog - about the question concerning cameras, I'm using canon 5D mark II :)

    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. very simple but yet, very fab as well. best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to read your comments and hope you would stop by again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Categories

Readers Favourites