Today's recipe is a quick recipe post to share one of the ways I prepare my chicken. If you follow this blog, you can probably tell that I love chicken and eat a whole lot of it. Chicken plays a large part in my dietary habit because its quite easy to make into a gazillion of tasty and quick recipes and its also a form of white meat which is a lot healthier than red meat. I also share a similar love for seafood but I find chicken more easily accessible and a lot easier to cook and manipulate.
Today's recipe is quite spicy, because we Nigerians love spicy foods, usually I would use a mix of Nsukka peppers, Yellow and red peppers for that extra kick Nigerians love. But I had just red peppers available and it turned out fine.
These are the Ingredients you would need
Chicken - Any parts works well with recipe, skin or skinless is also fine
White wine vinegar
Fish Sauce or light soy sauce
1. Mix together white wine vinegar, fish sauce, honey, and knorr cubes and set aside.
2. Blend together peppers, ginger, garlic and some vegetable oil.
3. Mix together the two group of ingredients from above and divide into two parts. (One part is reserved for basting the chicken while cooking).
4. Now, pour one part of marinade into already cleaned chicken and leave to marinte in the refrigerator for at least 2hrs, I usually leave mine over night, the flavour is richer when its left for longer.
5. Line Chicken in a baking tray and pop in a hot oven to cook.
6. Pull out chicken tray from oven intermittently to baste with the other half of reserved marinade
Voila! Chicken ready, easy right? and quite tasty and juicy! serve with a salad, chips, rice anything you fancy.
Tried it? let me know what you did differently and how it came out.