February 09, 2014

Food I love - Nigerian Style Spicy Oven Chicken


Today's recipe is a quick recipe post to share one of the ways I prepare my chicken. If you follow this blog, you can probably tell that I love chicken and eat a whole lot of it. Chicken plays a large part in my dietary habit because its quite easy to make into a gazillion of tasty and quick recipes and its also a form of white meat which is a lot healthier than red meat. I also share a similar love for seafood but I find chicken more easily accessible and a lot easier to cook and manipulate.

Today's recipe is quite spicy, because we Nigerians love spicy foods, usually I would use a mix of Nsukka peppers, Yellow and red peppers for that extra kick Nigerians love. But I had just red peppers available and it turned out fine. 

These are the Ingredients you would need

Chicken - Any parts works well with recipe, skin or skinless is also fine
Red peppers
Ginger
Garlic
White wine vinegar
Barbecue suace
Fish Sauce or light soy sauce
Honey
Knorr cubes
Vegetable oil

                 

1. Mix together white wine vinegar, fish sauce, honey, and knorr cubes and set aside.

                   

2. Blend together peppers, ginger, garlic and some vegetable oil.

                 

 3. Mix together the two group of ingredients from above and divide into two parts. (One part is reserved for basting the chicken while cooking).

                   

 4. Now, pour one part of marinade into already cleaned chicken and leave to marinte in the refrigerator for at least 2hrs, I usually leave mine over night, the flavour is richer when its left for longer.

                        

5. Line Chicken in a baking tray and pop in a hot oven to cook.


6. Pull out chicken tray from oven intermittently to baste with the other half of reserved marinade




Voila! Chicken ready, easy right? and quite tasty and juicy! serve with a salad, chips, rice anything you fancy.

Tried it?  let me know what you did differently and how it came out.


Bon Apetit!

15 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm salivating right now - thanks for the recipe. This page has been bookmarked and I'll prepare some spicy oven chicken when I'm free - hope it turns out well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. it would be perfect! :)

      Delete
  2. That looks really good Ngozi:)
    Always love Nigerian recipes.

    http://www.kazinidaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how i miss some Nigerian food. You just took me home again with this chicken. I will definitely trying it once i get a kitchen again. Looks so good!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be worth it trust me :). what happened to your kitchen?

      Delete
  4. OMG now I am starving!!!
    Thanks for sharing.I must try this if I can get all the ingredients.
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that looks awesome!!!

    www.Islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks soooo yummy, lol yes we Nigerians love spicy food! I will try the recipe, wish me luck! lol

    www.JenniferNoir.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this recipe zizi. I like your mixing of the two groups of ingredients. I do mine differently, learnt something new. Looks very yummy :-)

    www.stylefash25.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried Nigerian food and this recipe looks very nice :)

    Lu,
    Giveaway time: www.balgarka.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum Yum!
    I love finding out new ways to prepare chicken. This looks super tasty.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord that chicken looks so nice! Making me hungry right now but I'm wrapped up in bed in pain... looking like a take away thing for me today x
    LaSugarlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You won't kill me with all these your yummy-looking recipes. #okbye

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to read your comments and hope you would stop by again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Categories

Readers Favourites