I came across this photo of Gabrielle Union at the New York Fashion Week, (Which by the way is in full swing and giving me major fashion joy), wearing a pleated maxi skirt in this gorgeous cobalt blue colour. I thought, gosh! she totally killed it! I like it! why not do a post on ways to style the maxi skirt?
Longer lengths in skirts are the rage now, especially midi length skirts. But I have chosen the maxi skirt for it's unversal appeal, it is flattering on most shapes. My absolute fav things about the maxi skirt is how incredibly comfy it can be and it's ability to instantly lengthen the figure. - Here are some great ways to take this must-have wardrobe staple from boardroom to a swanky soiree.
1. Pair Maxi with a chic button up shirt, add a structured tote and some acessories for a stylish smart casual look that can go from the office to a lunch date. A fitted shirt and a belt is a great way to balance out the volume of the skirt and keep the look smart.
2. Throw-on a tailored blazer to streamline the volume of the skirt, a cropped style jacket would be a good choice for this look as it would balance out the length of the skirt. Add some fab accessories for a trendy take on the 9 to 5.
3. A basic Tee shirt or Tank and the maxi skirt are two wardrobe staple that can allow for a lot of versatility. Add a wedge for even more lengthening of your silhouette or a simple flat sandal and accessories for that effortless casual look.
4. A fab printed blouse and a maxi skirt is a combination bound to make a bold statement, of course in a stylish way.
5. Consider a glitzy maxi for a glam event if you want to go full-on, or pare down the look by pairing maxi with a sequin blouse and accessories. A bit of shimmer is always a great party look.
6. A highwaisted maxi skirt paired with fashions current obsession ‘the crop top’, is a trendy take on a fab casual look.
So tell me, how do you work your maxi skirt?
Catch you soon!