October 13, 2013

Dressed 30 Ways 30 Days - Day 16





What I'm wearing -  Dress  - Available @ Dressed| | Shoes  - Ninewest (Similar available @ Dressed || Earrings - Nordstrom || Belts - Asos and Via Spiga || Necklace - Nordstrom

I wanted this dress from the very first time I set my eyes on it even though its been quite popular with bloggers and has been styled in a number of ways. The reason I wanted it was two fold, the first reason obviously is because its a very pretty dress and would be appropriate for a number of occasions à la church, Friday dress down at work, parties....do you feel me? 

But secondly and most importantly I plan to use it as one of  my go-to dresses on days I need to wear something tradition-al looking for traditional weddings, Aha! you can't miss its striking resemblance to Ankara fabric. Could it have been inspired by African prints aka Ankara?

You see, I have a peculiar problem, maybe its not just me but if you can relate please drop a line in the comment box :), I do not have any decent native attire! seriously, how can I, a Niaja girl, born and breed + living in Niaja not have any natives? hard to believe. 

I have obviously not been lucky with tailors because I'm sure there are a lot of great tailors out there going by the number of beautiful attires I see on people. But with me, either the tailoring is poorly finished, the outfit doesn't fit quite well or I have to chase them around for weeks to get my outfit finished for an event and to be honest I do not have the time, patience or even money to be wasted on outfits that would not turn out right.

Recently, a dear friend introduced me to a new tailor/ designer and I'm quite excited to see how she would execute my outfit ideas. So far she has been very professional and seemed like she understood my ideas, fingers crossed this might just be the ONE :).

So dear friends, until my new tailor delivers, this dress that has been tried and is trusted would be my go-to native attire, especially when the colour of the day is green, Ooh gosh! I will just knack one badass! gold or powder blue gele to  match, weddings here I come!

If you like this dress and would like to order it, Please visit   the SHOP

Catch you  later!

Enjoy the rest of your week.




16 comments:

  1. thanks for the comment!
    love this nature kente print on you. representing africa. GO GIRL :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am yet to meet anyone who this dress doesn't fit to perfection. Looks gorgeous on you too dearie. Congratulations on finding the tailor. As we say in my family, "a good tailor is a gift from God"...hehe
    One advise though don't give to many things in one go :-) Good luck.

    www.stylefash25.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol @ "a good tailor is a gift from God". thanks for heads up sis! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Yep, NICE! Was gonna say, seen the outfit a few times but looks different all the time! the mix of colours does it wonders! Good on ya sister *wink*

    www.traycees.info

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually thought it was ankara. It's very beautiful. I love ankara dresses, but you have to pay an arm and a foot to get one made for you here, so I rely on my sister.The downside is that she gets to choose the styles (even when I have given her my own styles and measurements) and materials and they end up not looking how I expected and not fitting either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you on not getting the right fit with the Ankara fabric. Thanks for stopping by hun.

      Delete
  5. I like what you did with this, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this dress, I wanted to purchase it, but it was sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know hun! we actually have just one left too.

      Delete
  7. love your vintage look. and am obssesed with natural hair. pls check out my blog
    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress. First saw it on www.girlwithcurves.com and seeing how well it fits you is making me seriously consider buying it...or making something similar :D Thankfully I am my own tailor so no issues there. lols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you to be your own tailor! that's a very precious skill as far as i'm concerned :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to read your comments and hope you would stop by again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Categories

Readers Favourites