A couple of days ago Berry Dakara graciously nominated moi for this award!!!! While I was still basking in the euphoria of being nominated, I got a second nomination for the same award from Stylefash25! So it was like a double whammy recognition. I’m super excited about being nominated for the Liebster!!!
The Liebster is basically like a cyber pat on the back for up and coming bloggers. The whole essence of the award is to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers that deserve a look.
So what does it mean for me you ask?
Oh no! I would not be getting a sealed envelope or a trophy…..I have this cute badge below to show for it.
Beyond getting something, sometimes just a pat on the back or a nod of the head from someone saying you are doing a fantastic job is enough. This blog has so far been a labour of love for me......to be recognized for what I enjoy......Awesome!!!
Thank you so much Berry Dakara and Stylefash25….. this means a lot to me.
So with every award there are certain rules, the rules for the Liebster are fun, simple and varies from blog to blog ,but since Berry nominated me first, I shall comply with her rules!
My job now is to list 11 random facts about me, answer the 11 questions posted by Berry, then to nominate 11 new bloggers, who would also bask in the Liebster glow - Off we go then...
Rule 1, Thank the blogger that nominated you
1. Thank you ladies, appreciate it!…… done!
2. List 11 random facts about yourself
· I love dunking buttered bread in tea….yum!!!!
· I love and listen to a wide genre of music which includes a lot of rap and rock
· I had a terrible obsession with Micheal Jackson as a teenager
· I was a yoyo dieting for as long as I can remember….my worst diet ever was a coffee and fruit diet….things we do to our bodies.
· I wanted to be to be an entrepreneur as a kid, then an artist, then a fashion designer, then a writer, then a TV chef and finally a medical doctor, I ended up studying the sciences and my Msc was in Geography Information systems, I’m currently running a fashion retail business
· I hate going to the salon, it’s so time consuming!
· I am scared of any living thing with feathers especially chickens. I cannot touch, much less hold one *covers face*
· I love shopping for clothes. During a black Friday sale I shopped from about 9pm to 10am the next morning, * hides face*. I’m one of those people that would try everything for fit and quality so I do not shop online unless its a brand I’m familiar with.
· I am such a huge foodie. I’m constantly researching and trying out new recipes
· I love travelling .The best part of flying for me is the take off!!!
· I’m a night owl, not a morning person at all.
3. Answer the questions posted by the blogger who nominated you
What would you be if you were:
A chocolate Brioche
-A movie character?
A super sexy Villian
-An item of clothing?
A bum short
- A book?
A self help book for women on Fashion and food
A mix of soft rock ,rap and R& B…..Something upbeat and danceable
Vanilla mixed with aromatic cedar wood
- No idea lol!
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers, Please bear with me I would populate this list gradually. These are bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that I have connected with or have caught my eye!
5. Ask your nominees 11 questions
1.Why is your blog name what it is? My blog shares the same name as my business, when the idea to start my blog came up it was a natural progression for me.
2.Who's your favorite celebrity and why? To be honest I like a lot of them I do not have any particular favourites, I admire Oprah a lot, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce, too many
3.What color shoes are you wearing right now? None , I'm at home and barefeet.
4.Would you wear an engagement ring on your middle finger or fourth finger? My forth finger because my middle finger is too long and bony to look good with a ring on it.
5.What's your dream vacay destination? A few days in Ibiza, a couple more in the Caribbean and then on to Newyork and final destination Champs-Élysées for the shopping........hehehehe long throat!
6. #TeamNatural, #TeamRelaxed, or #TeamItsJustHairChillOut?
Hmmm! Coincidentally I decided to go totally natural about 2 months ago. However the last time I retouched my hair was last September so my hair was already pretty much transitioning. I’m not sure how this would pan out but I had to do it because my hair line was badly damaged and I’m hoping going natural would restore it. So at the moment #TeamNatural
7.When was the last time you prayed? 30mins ago
8.What's your favorite color? Red
9. What number child are you? 2nd
10. What's the last meal you cooked? Stir fried veggie noodles
11.Would you rather do 100 jumping jacks or 75 squats? 100 jumping jacks because it’s more fun
6. Notify your nominees
Coming right up!
Hope you enjoyed reading this?